Last Revised: September 1, 2015
What is personal information?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable Canadian privacy legislation. The only personal information which we collect about you when you use the Website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form when you request printed copies of public disclosure documents, or information you provide to us through the "Contact Us" section or when you send us an e-mail. We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. If you provide personal information about another person to us, we assume you have the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use or disclose their information as described in this policy. If you choose to provide personal information to NOVAGOLD you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined below.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information we collect in relation to the Website may include:
- information, inquiries or comments you provide to us when you contact us, including name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information that you provide in order to receive updates from us; and
- such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Any material, information or other communication (including questions, comments and suggestions) you transmit to us through the Website or our other online sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Where necessary for responding to you, we may forward your communications to any of our offices or affiliates throughout the world, and you consent to us doing so.
Use of Personal Information
We generally use personal information we collect in relation to the Website for the following purposes:
- replying to your requests, inquiries and comments;
- to authenticate your identity;
- meeting legal requirements;
- to compile statistics and to operate and improve the Website;
- to monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us, and to administer the provision or receipt of products or services under those agreements;
- to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition, merger or other business transaction;
- to protect us, yourself and others from fraud and error and to safeguard our business interests;
- to collect debts owed to us;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. and
- for other purposes that are disclosed at the time of collection, with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We will also use personal information obtained from you through the Website, such as contact information (name and email address), to provide you with NOVAGOLD information, such as e-mail notifications, literature requests, and newsletter subscriptions or other information which you have consented to receiving. You may unsubscribe to this use of your personal information by using the unsubscribe/opt out function provided at the bottom of any such e-mail at any time.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose personal information as follows:
- Consent. NOVAGOLD may disclose personal information with your consent.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements. Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information, NOVAGOLD may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law (including as required by applicable Canadian and foreign laws applicable to NOVAGOLD or its agents and service providers, and including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries); to protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our users or others; to protect against legal liability; to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of our policies or agreements or as otherwise permitted by law.
Other Information; Disclosure of Other Information
This Section refers to information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about the use of the Website by our visitors. Our server does not currently attach cookies to your computer's memory when you visit the Website. As most websites do, however, we do utilize analytics to track usage patterns on the Website. Each time you visit the Website, our server records your IP Address, Internet Service Provider, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit and the documents downloaded, the searches you performed, and the referring URL's you came from. We use such information to optimize the Website service. We may share aggregated anonymous information relating to visitors to and users of the Website with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
Do Not Track
Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different websites when a user uses the Website.
At this time, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from Web browsers.
Links to Other Web Sites
We take reasonable physical, electronic or procedural security measures, including safeguards to protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, copying, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Access and Correction
How to Contact Us
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Website. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18 , please contact us immediately at 1-866-669-6227, option 2.